...

...

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Chapter 7: Hotel a’la Backpack

Alan steps into his shack after a long day. “Movie time.” He’s been working on a movie-a-night marathon, watching one movie a night to finish the series.

He glances out the window as he picks up his laptop. Tri is sitting on the edge of the building, her feet hanging through the railing. He sighs and puts down his laptop, heading out of the shack. “What’s your name again?”

She looks up at him, a tired look on her face. “Tri.”

He raises his eyebrows, “Do you know that you’re really good at getting into places you’re not supposed to?”

“The Force helps with that quite a bit.” She looks back down at the ocean. “Yes, I do know that.”
Alan follows her gaze to the ocean, “The Force?”

Tri nods, “Yeah. I’m a padawan. Almost to apprentice stage, though.”

He blinks twice, not sure whether to take her seriously. “Are you kidding?”

She chuckles dryly, “Sometimes I wish I hadn’t wanted to become a Jedi. But no, I’m not kidding.”

Alan opens his mouth to speak, but can’t think of the proper words. “Ookay. I’m going to go inside now.” His conscience starts bugging him the minute he turns around, though. “Do you have a place to sleep tonight?”

The weasel nods, “I was actually going to ask you if I could set up my house on this roof.”
He nods, unsure. “I guess so… just don’t make too much noise.”


(Sorry this is pretty short. I'm going to have to write another chapter before I can update again, so don't wait up...) Please Comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment